Wednesday 17 August 2011

Gilded Lips


In a desperate search for lighting, which ultimately led to the smudging of my lipPAINT, I realised MAC Paint Pots really are great for everything.


Trying to recreate a wearable daytime look of the photo below, (which was successful, however as previously stated it smudged before I got a picture of it) I found instead, a nice new way to put a MAC Paint Pot to good use.

This look is incredibly easy to create, long-lasting and only four items are required!

Covergirl Outlast Smoothwear 'Berry' No.120 Lip Pencil ; Revlon Lipgloss 'Coral Reef' No.170 ; MAC 'Rubenesque' Paint Pot ; Q-tip.

1. Apply the lip pencil over the entire surface of your lips. I chose a lip pencil as opposed to lipstick because lip pencils tend to have better staying power, and I like my lip products to last as long as possible.

2. Apply lip gloss.

3. Using a Q-tip, take some product from the Paint Pot and slowly dab the colour onto the centre of your lips, both upper and lower. If you stop here you can create a daytime look of the photo above - although as the day goes on it'll probably turn into step four anyway!

4. Rub your lips together to disperse the product, and hey presto! Beautiful golden-pink lips.

I find that in sunlight the metallic sheen reflects light and makes your lips really sparkle like they're dusted in gold.

Wearing:
Revlon ColorStay in Buff and the products listed above. 

In a hot country like Singapore, using your lips as the main focus of a face means you don't have to wear anything else that is liable to slip off in humidity and heat. Just being able to wear a thin layer of foundation or tinted moisturiser is great, and it definitely cuts down the time it takes to get ready - great if you're in a hurry!

I'll definitely be doing a VIBRANT night time look for this the next time I go out! Obsessed.

Golden nuggets via, Lips via



1 comment: