Thursday 18 August 2011

The Gilded Age

Ever since I got to Singapore a week ago, I've been on the move. Constantly counting the days until my imminent departure. Making sure I could fit everything in...which is when I realised, 10 days just isn't enough time to really see it - even if you have been before. Take two days for complaining about the heat, and three for the humidity, and you're already down to half of what you started with.
 
Yesterday, I pushed my flights back an extra week. As a reward to myself for my airline being able to accommodate my indecisiveness, I'm taking a day out to relax.

So today I bring to you an incredibly simple post on 'The Gilded Age' a Wet n' Wild colouricon eye shadow trio. Brought on by the fact I have limited resources and that the guardian pharmacy near me only stocks overpriced Revlon and Maybelline. I wish someone had let me know before I ran out in the heat of the day with only my sunglasses to protect me from the ball of fiery death that is the Singapore sun.



The Overview
I like to throw everything I own into my bag. Literally. I walk around with a huge weight daily. The only good thing that comes from this is the HOPE it will tone my arms. So when I come across a great cheap product like the Wet n' Wild Eye shadow Trios, I take advantage of it. $3 down the drain is much better that $23!

The Application
The trio provides you with three colours that work together. Embossed in each shadow is the suggested use of each, 'browbone', 'crease' and 'eyelid'. 
In this trio I tend to use the pink as my eyelid colour, and the dark as my crease colour, and if I'm feeling particularly fancy I'll apply the gold to the centre of my lid. 



The Durability
What I love most about these shadows are that they are incredibly durable. Even in hot Singapore, with no primer, they do not slip, slide or crease on me and stay on all day long. The colours apply just as strong as they look in the palette and the fallout is minimal. In fact, I have no qualms over the trio.



The Damage
The Wet n' Wild colouricon eye shadow trios are priced around the $3 USD in most stores. A complete steal!

nb. 'The Gilded Age' was a limited edition Wet n' Wild trio, and unfortunately the only Wet n' Wild trio I have with me in Singapore to review. They are still available on Ebay, albeit for a marked up price. I tend to find most Wet n' Wild eye shadows to be of good quality. If you're particularly partial to blue/teal the 'Blue had me at hello' coloricon palette is fantastic, and another favourite of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment